Enjoy that glass of red wine at the end of the day, but not the stain on your teeth? You are not alone. Long term discoloration is not attractive and can make people feel insecure about their smiles.
One thing that helps prevent these stains is swishing water in your mouth before and after drinking a class of red wine. This keeps red wine stains from clinging to your teeth. If you are in a social situation where it would be awkward to swish water, drink water in between glasses of wine.
Assuming you are at event where food is served, eating high fiber foods like broccoli and celery or even hard cheese can help brush away stains before they set in.
If you have stains that have settled in to your teeth, ask your Summerville dentist about whitening during your next visit.
We are fans of anything that helps our patients keep their teeth clean and healthy in between regular visits to our Summerville office and the Waterpik Sonic-Fusion seems to be one of those tools for good dental health.
Removing plaque needs to be a priority for everyone, but can be tough to remove without the right brush.
The Sonic-Fusion offers a water flosser tip in the brush head and allow the user to select flossing, brushing, or both. It also has the ADA Seal of approval. With it’s easy grip and two minute timer, it’s an option to consider for at-home care.
It’s that time of the year. People resolve to eat healthy and gym memberships temporarily increase.
Did you make health-related resolutions for 2019? If so, your teeth probably were not a focus area, but it’s a good idea to include them as part of your resolve to improve your health.
Here are five resolutions for a healthy smile in 2019.
- Avoid gum disease with daily brushing and flossing.
- Get a cleaning twice a year at your Summerville dentist. Why not schedule that today if it’s been a while?
- Stop smoking (or don’t start!) This is a very hard habit to break but it’s one of the best things you can do for your overall health.
- If your smile needs brightening, talk to your dentist about getting your teeth whitened.
- Cut back on sugar. If eating healthy is on your list, then cutting back on sugar is probably part of that resolution. This helps your weight and your smile!
For many patients, getting a dental crown is a straightforward process. However, there are potential problems that could come up that you should be aware of.
- Heat/Cold sensitivity: When the anesthesia wears off, there could be sensitivity in that area. Ask your Summerville dentist if a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth could alleviate that.
- Crown is loose: If this does happen and is untreated, there might be decay to the tooth under the crown. Visit your dentist as soon as you can.
- Crown falls off: While your dentist can offer a permanent solution, you can put it in place temporarily with an over the counter adhesive
If you have any other concerns about your new dental crown, get in touch with your dentist.